[thechat] What can WE do?

isaac isaac at members.evolt.org
Thu Sep 20 18:51:11 CDT 2001

> http://portland911.tripod.com/  is the Peaceful Response movement
> formed in the past week.  They organized one demonstration which took
> place last weekend.

You may be happy to know that the protests calling for a peaceful response
have made mainstream TV news in Australia.

When is Bush's address that is supposed to outline the target and response?

Anyone have any thoughts on the Janes.com article suggesting that Iraq was
behind this?

http://www.janes.com/security/international_security/news/fr/fr010919_1_n.sh
tml

---
"Bin Laden is a schoolboy in comparison with Mughniyeh," says an Israeli who
knows Mughniyeh . "The guy is a genius, someone who refined the art of
terrorism to its utmost level. We studied him and reached the conclusion
that he is a clinical psychopath..."

"Mughniyeh is probably the world's most wanted outlaw. Unconfirmed reports
in Beirut say he has undergone plastic surgery and is unrecognisable."
---

I also read (probably linked from this list) that the Islamic concept of
"jihad" was virtually unknown in decades past until it was revived by the
CIA in its efforts with the Mujahedin to force Soviet forces from
Afghanistan. Wonderful.

isaac