[thechat] What happens next?

Ben Dyer ben_dyer at imaginuity.com
Fri Sep 21 16:14:03 CDT 2001

At 03:53 PM 9/21/2001, you wrote:
>I was particularly disturbed by the interview of Donald Rumsfeld by Sam
>Donaldson in which Rumsfeld refused to rule out the use of nuclear
>weapons.  Scary stuff.

On the day of the attacks, Former Secretary of Defense Cohen also said that
he would not have ruled out any options.  When Peter Jennings prodded him
further about what that meant, if it included nuclear weapons, he basically
did the same thing.

Call me crazy, but I don't see how irradiating X,000 square miles of
nothingness is going to help the situation, but I do see how we could
create a vast, worldwide terrorist network by doing so.

I can't believe this is even on the table.

--Ben

http://www.imaginuity.com/
"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly
while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato
"There is so much to be said in favor of modern journalism.
By giving us the opinions of the uneducated it keeps us in
touch with ignorance of the community." - Oscar Wilde