[thechat] webcam recommendations..?

Salvatore Palmisano spalmisano at usashs.com
Mon Sep 24 08:44:11 CDT 2001

AFAIK the cameras themselves dont upload the images, its a function of the
software either included with the camera or of a third party application.
I currently do the following with a camera in my office:

Logitech QuickCam Pro
(http://www.logitech.com/cf/products/productoverview.cfm/88)
Webcam32 software (http://www.webcam32.com)

The software uploads an image to the web server (our local one) every 30
seconds, and allows for a whole host of options (profiles, captioning, live
video, et cetera.)
No problems whatsoever with this setup...its been running very nearly 24x7
for over a year and still going strong.

--Sal