[thechat] Just stirring the turd...

Andrew Forsberg andrew at thepander.co.nz
Tue Sep 25 20:05:09 CDT 2001

Politicians always justify a war as righteous for their people,
otherwise the population would simply ignore it. Say your
government's leaders said *publicly*:

'Oh, I suppose we're going to have to blow the living shit out of
that country now. We are 99% sure we're in the wrong, and they don't
really deserve to be turned into a carpark. But, who cares?'

As opposed to taking a high moral ground, and stating the necessity of war?

Perhaps you could help me out by naming a war where one side didn't
claim the urgency and rightness of their cause? I think what Iris was
remarking on was how depressingly easy it is for, in this case, the
American government to whip itself and its people up into a frenzy of
blood lust, and call it 'just'.

>Excuse me, but who IS talking about a holly war? Who
>IS
>acting as the righteous? And aren't you the hypocrit,
>if I have ever known one.
>
>irinakruk
>====================
>i smile only when its dark.

>so, war is ok for the righteous, is it?  when i read
>hypocritical statements like that i am not surprised
>that there are people wanting to defeat American
>Capitalism through continued military resistance.
>many consider that the main scourge of the century.
>
>iris

Andrew Forsberg
---
the pander - http://thepander.co.nz/