[thechat] the internet war?

Dave McLean thechat at dwcreative.com
Tue Sep 25 22:55:32 CDT 2001

On 9/25/01 20:13, William Anderson wrote:

> however, in the initial few hours of the tragedies, it was traditional
> television media who provided the best coverage, the servers of cnn.com,
> news.bbc.co.uk and so on reduced to quivering overheating masses.

Maybe not the best, but certainly the only coverage.  However, the techs
responded quickly by abandoning their db linked php and asp sites and
throwing up the good ol' traditionale HTML page.

I think we've just found a reason to continue to teach the kids plain text
HTML.  It works. It's a contingency plan.

-d

_______
"Fuck astrophysics. Teach people HTML so they don't use FrontPage."

            isaac forman