[thechat] animals

Jeremy Ashcraft ashcraft at 13monkeys.com
Fri Sep 28 10:55:34 CDT 2001

> Who's next?

I guess I can go.  I have a two year old dog, CJ.  Golden Retriever/German
Shepherd mix.  Probably one of the dumbest animals on the planet.  I got here
from my cousin when she was 1, malnourished and beaten alot.  She's much
healthier now, but still quite the dumbass.  She thinks she is a cat.  She'll
lay along the top of the couch and constantly want to sit in your lap(this is
a 50lbs dog).  She also has a penchant for running through open doors and
disappearing for a few hours until someone calls me to come pick her up.  :)
I also have 2 female fancy rats, Baby and Bunny.  They're really intelligent
animals and like to steal food out of your hands.  It took me a while to
train my dog not to eat them.  I had 4 goldfish until this morning.
Apparently, last night my girlfriend cleaned the tank and put the fish in a
bowl that she had been soaking her feet in with some ineral salts and forgot
to rinse the bowl completely before depoisting the fish.  Needless to say, I
woke up this morning to find 4 floaters.  Oh well, they're only $0.19 a
piece.  I did have a Red-Tailed Boa a couple of years ago, but he got a nasty
mean streak and started to bite a lot.

jeremy