[thechat] Server software

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Tue Oct 2 16:10:10 CDT 2001

> I can't for the life of me think of a way you'll get alerts
> on one PC to
> appear on another.  Winpopup? can't you get a really cheap 2nd hand
> monitor for your server?

Actually there's a much easier solution:

Put AV software and Zonealarm on both workstations!

Use the Zonealarm print to log text option on your server and read it
from one of your machines every so often.

Not sure what AV you're using.

PPP will allow sharing and AFAIK zonealarm on the server machine just
needs to be aware of the machine addresses on your local network to
allow them to access the proxy server (and out to the net)

HTH