[thechat] FW: Protesters

Joe Crawford jcrawford at avencom.com
Wed Oct 10 13:46:52 CDT 2001

Scott Dexter wrote:
> Do you folks REALLY think I'm so Beavis and Butthead??
>
> sheesh.
>
> That's not why I thought it was amusing.
>
> nevermind.
>
> sgd (now looking for a place without eggshells)

:-(

Sorry Scott. Irony is kind of lost on me at the moment.

My wife (who is Cuban American, but could pass for Middle easter) was
hollered at on the street - some Anti-Middle east thing. Add to that the
Peaceful protesters near my Grandmother's neighborhood who are basically
squatting at the mosque with "Peace not Racism" and other "Tolerance"
and "Peace" signs - protecting their fellow American's right of free
assembly - why? Because of the many threats they're receiving. These are
protesters to me. The call for peace, though I definitely think is
somewhat naive (you'll recall Erika and me having some back and forth
here) is one which should be respected. Sheeeeeeeit.

And dammit, the "right for the people to peacefully assemble" shall not
be infringed. This what protester means to me. So sorry if your "just
kidding" disclaimer rang false.

The world is filled with eggshells right now Scott. :-(

Though I'm laughing my ass off about the appearance of Sesame Street's
"Bert" from "Bert is Evil" on pro-Osama posters in Bangladesh. That's
funny as hell.

	- Joe <http://artlung.com/>