[thechat] O Brother, drugs, movies, and hats

Quackamoe quackamoe at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 24 19:14:40 CDT 2001

Thanks for the replies. This was a good time to not
be ignored! :)

The mothers little helpers and such things mentioned
are mainly tranquilizers whereas Paxil tries to level
out the amount of serotonin in the brain so I think
there is a quantifiable difference. Of all the crap
I'm feeling right now depression is not one of them.
So, maybe it worked. We'll see. OTH, the xanax that
I'm taking to minimize the withdrawal symptoms IS a
tranquilizer. Wonder how hard it's going to be to get
off that??

As for O Brother, again, WOW. And as for the sound
track, on my next visit to Amazon.com it goes on my
wishlist. I forgot that I love 30s type country music.
Heh, listening to Celtic music and talking about
country at the same time reminds me that Irish and
Scottish immigrants who ended up escaping the wretched
cities for the hill country form a significant basis
for what is now country music.

Now I have to figure out why my 2 USB ports quite
working. If I can stay on my butt that long.

Again, thanks lots and lots for the replies and
support

Terry