More iPod opinions - (Was: Re: [thechat] Flashthread!)

dave mclean dave at members.evolt.org
Thu Oct 25 01:33:46 CDT 2001

On 2001.10.25 00:24, isaac wrote:

> i don't think it's a breakthrough in digital devices. the only real
> breakthrough would be the firewire interface (not something that many other
> mp3-co's could consider doing - PC market is largely USB still).

Yeah, I think for a large part, hardcore mac fans were definitely
disappointed that it was just an mp3 player... but it's a really good one. I
think that this is really just Apple's beginning into providing their users
(Mac owners) with a range of digital devices to work in the 'Digital Hub'
environment without having to worry if it's Mac compatible or not.

Is it a smart move?  I think so. Will Mac owners shell out? We'll see.  I
know about 6 people in my office who want one now and I'm the only real
hardcore mac fan there. Sadly I just blew my budget buying a MiniDV cam to
start getting into film. (Did I mention this Web thing is going down? ;-))

> one thing which is cool is the circular scroller. it's definitely a good
> thing that users can control the speed of their scroll, instead of max'ing
> out at a specific rate.

There's no doubt in my mind that it's a well designed product.  I love the
scroll wheel, and contextual menus, it would make going though 1000 songs
much easier.

Now, where did I put that lottery ticket?

-d

____
damclean 403.708.6215
dave at members.evolt.org