[thechat] Error 404 : Zork!

Andrew Forsberg andrew at thepander.co.nz
Fri Oct 26 00:33:13 CDT 2001

>remember the first time you got slaughtered by Orcs or Killer Bees? those
>k's were fucking pesky.

oh my god! you remember the characters! excellent. the Orcs were 'o's
weren't they? which were the ones which killed you on sight? and
which let out those awful shrieks? i should be able to remember... oh
well.

>wands of wishing. mmmm.

and then there were the cursed items. trying to get around with a
ball and chain attached to you was fun.

>or digging your way down through the levels only to find yourself up against
>monsters you weren't prepared for.
>
>endless possibilities.

the one thing i never did get to do was play rogue, which i seem to
remember was multi-player. it wouldn't have been net play in the
early-to-mid '80s, but lan play hack would have been something else.
especially with a chat facility. unix was something i just couldn't
get my hands on as a 9 year old.

--
Andrew Forsberg
---