Shoutcast servers (was RE: [thechat] Flashthread! - what are you listening to RIGHT NOW!)

Norman Beresford n.beresford at anansi.co.uk
Fri Oct 26 04:24:03 CDT 2001

I don't suppose anyone knows about a non-audio source for Shoutcast servers?
I'll have the server running on my linux box, but in the past I've always
used winamp on a different machine as the source.  What I'd really like to
do is find a Shoutcast source that will sit on the server, and not actually
"play" the MP3s (because there's no sound card in the server), but just work
through a playlist, reading the MP3s and streaming them to the Shoutcast
server.  Anyone got any ideas?  There's 500mb of CM stuff waiting to be
played!

Norman