Remakes - (wuz - RE: [thechat] Flashthread! - what are you listening to RIGHT NOW!)

deke web at master.gen.in.us
Fri Oct 26 16:09:07 CDT 2001

On 26 Oct 2001, at 11:05, Luther, Ron posted a message which said:

> One notable exception though -- I find I like Bonnie Raitt's version of
> "Runaway" a heck of a lot better than Del Shannon's.

> Any other cases where the remake is better?

Bonnie Raitt also did a better job of "On the Midway" than Joni
Mitchell. John Cale did a better job of "Hallelujah" than Leonard
Cohen - and Jennifer Warnes did a better job of "Famous Blue
Raincoat".

For the most part, though, I have to agree that the artist who
makes a song popular in the first place does a better job than
someone who covers it later.

deke

> RonL.

er years of decline, the FBI said