[thechat] Great Covers (was: Remakes)

Quackamoe quackamoe at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 26 23:17:32 CDT 2001

--- Quackamoe <quackamoe at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Martin <martin at members.evolt.org> wrote:
> > Joe Crawford wrote on 26/10/01 10:50 pm
> >
> > Hendrix - All along the Watchtower

Got a litttle fat fingered and sent that one out
without
typing anything:

  The Byrds - Mr. Tambourine Man (Dylan)
              Turn, Turn, Turn   (Pete Seeger)

  Peter, Paul, and Mary - Leavin' on a Jet Plane
                           (John Denver)

Back when Napster was still functioning I downloaded a
version of one of my wife's favorite Celtic songs,
'She Walked Through the Fair.' Only, when we played it
it was sort of a cross of Metallica, Def Leppard and
Pantera. I really enjoyed watching her face on that
one! It was on my daughter's hard drive which is now
in El Cajon. Have to get that one back. Anybody know
who it was?

As for Lazy Moon, I coulda sworn it was in _Zenobia_
from 1939, but the iMDb says it was in _Pardon Us_ -
1931.

Not sure anymore what the comment about 'Natural
Woman'
was, but Carole King cowrote it along with Gerry
Goffin
and Jerry Wexler.

One of my real favs in the mid to late 60s was
Donovan.
This thread has made me think that I've never ever
heard a cover of any Donovan song.

Also, I heard a year or so ago that the *most covered*
song of all time was 'Yesterday.' I haven't heard all
of them, but I doubt any of them outdid Paul on guitar

with the string quartet.

That's all for now,

Terry