Remakes - (wuz - RE: [thechat] Flashthread! - what are you listening to RIGHT NOW!)

deke web at master.gen.in.us
Sat Oct 27 02:03:55 CDT 2001

On 26 Oct 2001, at 20:25, Quackamoe posted a message which said:
> But I don't think
> I've ever heard anybody even try to cover 'He Was
> Playin' Real Good for Free' or whatver it's called.

Was it Joni Mitchell's version of "River" that they used in
the movie "You've Got Mail", or was it someone else covering
the song?

You've got to shake your fists at lightning now
You've got to roar like forest fire
You've got to spread your light like blazes
All across the sky
They're going to aim the hoses on you
Show 'em you won't expire
Not till you burn up every passion
Not even when you die
Come on now
You've got to try
If you're feeling contempt
Well then you tell it
If you're tired of the silent night
Jesus well then you yell it
Condemned to wires and hammers
Strike every chord that you feel
That broken trees
And elephant ivories conceal

There are just some songs that nobody *dares* to cover....

deke