Remakes - (wuz - RE: [thechat] Flashthread! - what are you listening to RIGHT NOW!)

Kevin Stevens kjs at ratking.co.uk
Sat Oct 27 17:14:04 CDT 2001

> Social Distortion's version of "Ring of Fire" kicks ass

Wall of Voodoo did a really good version of that song too. It's a shame that
all these "nu-metal" bands feel the need to do an ironic cover version. I
think Marilyn Manson started it off with their cover of "Sweet Dreams".
Sometimes it can be quite amusing, like Limp Bizkit's cover of the George
Michael song, "Faith", other times it can be tragic like (I think) Kill 2
This covering "Two Tribes" by Frankie Goes To Hollywood.
As for Alien Ant Farm, their cover is good. Unfortunately it is their best
tune, and they didn't even write it.

And for my contribution to this debate:- The Dickies covering The Banana
Splits theme :)

Kevin Stevens
kjs at ratking.co.uk