[thechat] O Brother, drugs, movies, and hats

seb seb at members.evolt.org
Sun Oct 28 17:50:46 CST 2001

> >Just rented it out on DVD for my Sunday evening recovery session.
> >
> >Films, more beer, and curry.
> >*sigh*
> >Life doesn't get much better.
> >
> >Seb.
>
> Have you seen Fargo? That was a damned good film too -- up there with
> Ghost Dog for me.

Not seen Fargo yet, not Ghost Dog. Until very recently I've avoided films of
this genre, mainly due to incompatibilities with my attention span, and an
imagined dislike of similar things.

Just finished watching O Brother, which has instantly been added to my seven
Desert Island DVDs, although it will take some time to work out what it will
replace. Blatantly remaking the odyssey like that was a bold move, and one
that the Coen brothers have masterfully achieved. What astonishing use of
colour and voices.

The Coen brother's The Man Who Wasn't There has just hit the cinemas over
here. I'm going to have to take my friend Kate to watch it as soon as she
recovers the the nasty strain of flu that I gave her.

Work tomorrow, so I'm off for a last tequila before sleep.

Seb.