[thechat] O Brother, drugs, movies, and hats

Andrew Forsberg andrew at thepander.co.nz
Sun Oct 28 17:59:03 CST 2001

>Not seen Fargo yet, not Ghost Dog. Until very recently I've avoided films of
>this genre, mainly due to incompatibilities with my attention span, and an
>imagined dislike of similar things.

Fargo's about the most violent film I think I can handle. It's not
your 'ten million and one corpse' Hollywood flick, but, as a result,
I think it's a whole lot more effective. V. v. scary. Excellent
acting too.

>The Coen brother's The Man Who Wasn't There has just hit the cinemas over
>here. I'm going to have to take my friend Kate to watch it as soon as she
>recovers the the nasty strain of flu that I gave her.

Can you post a short review? It'll be 4 or 5 years before it screens here :)

>Work tomorrow, so I'm off for a last tequila before sleep.

Mmmm. I could go a margarita tonight.

--
Andrew Forsberg
---