Classic Games (was: RE: [thechat] Error 404 : Zork!)

Garrett Coakley garrett at polytechnic.co.uk
Sun Oct 28 18:53:54 CST 2001

On Mon, 29 Oct 2001 10:27:28 +1000, "Schaz Stevens"
<schaz_stevens at hotmail.com> wrote:

> my fave retro game of all time - one I spent a few too many hours
> playing was Moon Patrol - the version running on the coffeetable
> style of machine (which I'd love to hunt down a copy of one day
> - wonder if they still exist).

There's a pub here in oxford, the Purple Turtle
(http://www.ousu.org/oxfordhandbook/goingout/pubs/64.htm) that actually
has a few of the original coffee table machines you're on about.

Now, I'll admit when I've been in there I've been a little worse for
wear, but ISTR that one is running Pac-Man and one is running Galaxian,
so I'm guessing they've still got the original boards in.

Must make some money and see if they'll part with one *:)

G.