[thechat] Terrorism School

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Thu Nov 1 14:51:35 CST 2001

Yes.

There is going to be non-violent vigil at Fort Benning in about 2 weeks.

According to SOA watch site, last year 10,000 people attended, &
nearly 2,000 were jailed.
http://www.soaw.org/presente.html

What the Guardian article did not emphasize, and what I can't help
but notice, is that so many of the victims of US-sponsored terror are
Indigenous peoples (aka misnamed 'Indians'); usually these are tribal
people who want to keep their culture and languages intact, who want
to be independent, who want to be free of corporate control.
Struggles for land and resources are often involved.

Colonizers (nation-states) tend to only appreciate Indigenous
cultures (art, song, customs) once the people are powerless or nearly
destroyed.