[thechat] Laphroig?

Bob Davis bobd at members.evolt.org
Fri Nov 2 16:43:03 CST 2001

At 11:50 AM -0800 11/2/01, you wrote:

>Scott Dexter wrote:
>>  > horrible stuff called Laphroig. It tastes like medicine, if anyone
>>  > offers you a glass of it, run away, very quickly.
>>
>>  oh no no! That's yummay stuff =)
>
>izzat one of those jagermeister type deals?
>
>	- joe "avoiding the heavy threads" crawford <http://artlung.com/>

Nah - it's whisky. Single Malt Scotch. Not my fav, but a good one.

Martin knows my poison...Cardhu...yum!

I read a book by Rick Bass called "Colter" recently. In it, the
writer is getting shooting lessons - shotgun lessons, shooting
sporting clays. Smooth movement is key to getting it right, so the
instructor tells him:

"Pretend you've got a shot glass of Glenlivet on the end of that
barrel, as you swing it.  You know what happens if you spill
Glenlivet?"

"No, what?"

"You go directly to hell"

:)