[thechat] Re: Tony Blair

Quackamoe quackamoe at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 5 19:00:06 CST 2001

I was watching some sorta news thing lately and some
pundit pointed out that just as in WWII, Churchill
was the far better speaker than FDR and was pretty
much the voice of the Allies, currently Tony Blair,
being a much better speaker than Dubya*, has assumed
(or had forced upon him) a similar role in the war
or Terror. I must say, I watched the speech he  gave
several weeks ago - was it in Brighton - and it was
a very good speech. Just thought it was an interesting
point.

Terry

* of course, the same could probably be said of Archie
Bunker.