[thechat] Monsters, Inc.

Quackamoe quackamoe at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 6 15:37:08 CST 2001

--- Norman Beresford <n.beresford at anansi.co.uk> wrote:

> > Like yourself, I'm dying to see LoTR. As a kid I
> used to plan making these
> > films with my best friend.
>
> I must say that I always think that they continualy
> miss the best oppotunity
> of filming JRT's work by concentrating on the LoTR,
> and not starting with a
> smaller project, ie the Hobbit, which IMHO is a
> better book and far more suited to filming.

Prolly because the 70s animated version of the Hobbit
was so bad. I used to tell my son I'd make him watch
the Hobbit if he didn't start behaving. And it
worked.

But, now that you mention it, I wouldn't be surprised
to see a lushly done live action Hobbit come out
sometime in 2004 or so. My kids and I already have
something of a pact that we're going to get together
during Memorial Day (US) Weekend, 2003 and watch the
whole LotR saga straight through on DVD - or whatever
we'll be using by 2003.

Terry