[thechat] Re: thechat digest, Vol 1 #206 - 21 msgs

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Wed Nov 7 12:59:55 CST 2001

At 04:25 PM 11/6/2001, you wrote:
>* The Sun is read by the people who don't care who the country is run
>    by as long as she has big t.... [sic] (The Sun has a topless woman on
>    Page 3 and has had for 20 years)

I'm not sure you could call the Sun a "news"paper, Martin :)

They seem more obsessed with which Royal family member they can catch
topless. :))

My father is the Indian agent for Alstom, so I've been interacting with
Britons of all "classes" all my life. I've heard everything from the
"propah" upper class London accent to the machine worker lingo. Pretty
varied, in'it?

At my father's gast turbine repair facility, I used to be the official
translator for a nice Scotsman who'd come for a few months. None of the
engineers could figure out his thick accent, and I'd have to politely try
and explain :))

Of course, I can also switch to a British or Aussie accent if the situation
demands it.

Cheers,

Madhu

Madhu Menon