[thechat] WalMart (moving to thechat, was Re: [thesite] Re: Propoganda FAQ....)

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at compaq.com
Wed Nov 7 15:45:00 CST 2001

Actually ... it's not merely 'American' ... Wal*Mart has plenty of
stores in Canada, Mexico, and throughout the world.  (1,000+ non-US
stores employing 282,000+ folks! .. per their website.)

If I remember correctly, their non-US|CA stores are generally known as
"Cifra" ... since Wal*Mart bought 54% of Cifra, (which was Mexico's 3rd
largest public company), some time back.  Or izzat only in Central and
South America?

Hmmm ... actually it looks like Cifra was planning to change their name
to "Wal-Mart de Mexico" about 2 years ago ... so I guess my info might
be a tad dated!

Also "ASDA" in the UK is part of the Wal*Mart empire.

RonL.
(Who used to work for that goofy little company that made the hand-held
inventory computers widely seen at Wal*Mart stores and remembers when
the order for the Cifra units came in! Oy!)