[thechat] WalMart (moving to thechat, was Re: [thesite] Re: Propoganda FAQ....)

judah at wiredotter.com judah at wiredotter.com
Wed Nov 7 17:01:27 CST 2001

At 03:46 PM 11/7/2001 -0600, you wrote:
>Actually ... it's not merely 'American' ... Wal*Mart has plenty of
>stores in Canada, Mexico, and throughout the world.  (1,000+ non-US
>stores employing 282,000+ folks! .. per their website.)

Actually, I was just reading that WalMart was opening a new store in
Bejing.  They are starting to get aggressive in opening stores in SE Asia
(particularly China with its 1.x billion inhabitants) because they perceive
that european chains have an advantage with their former colonial territories.

Nothing like seeing American capitalism march across the face of the
planet, planting its flag wherever it goes...

Judah