[thechat] My first "real" film : Replies to Rudy and Scott

dave mclean dave at members.evolt.org
Sat Nov 10 13:23:50 CST 2001

On 2001.11.09 14:52, Scott Dexter wrote:
> so what was the final costume?

I'm not sure... I ended up not going to the party she was going to after
all.  That's my older sister btw, in case it wasn't obvious be the fact that
she looks like me.

On 2001.11.09 17:53, rudy wrote:
> "what do you gotta do to get busted by the railway police"?
>
> heh

That's my favourite line in the whole movie.  Too bad it's in the out takes.
;-)

> i bet you had some arguments about what you had to cut and what you were
> allowed to leave in, eh?

No, I'm the producer, director, editor.... the star had no input.  Besides,
I didn't ask.  ;-)  I think I was pretty tactful though.

> too dark in a few spots, music a bit overpowering at times (but very nice
> choice of tunes), and drat, couldn't read the credits -- the screen was
> only about 3"x2" on my monitor, and no visible means of enlarging it

Thanks for the input.  Like I said it was my first 'real' film, so I will
take the input back to the editing room and see if I can brighten it up a
bit.  Some of the things like credits and darkness can be attributed to the
fact that it was translated to a smaller Web format, from its DV
incarnation.

> what's with the cbctv in the url?  is it really gonna air somewhere?

Oh that?  Uh... I applied for a job with the cbc <http://www.cbc.ca/>.  They
are looking for "Next-Gen Content Producers."

Here are the pre-reqs:

The ideal candidate will possess:
- min. 5 yrs combined TV journalism/production and Web experience
- Experience producing tight stories under tight deadlines
- Track record in arts-related areas and strong connections into the
regional arts community
- On-line and on-air potential
- Experience shooting DV a plus
- Public speaking skills and the ability to schmooze a plus

Selected candidates will be expected to think creatively and collaboratively
in an environment that fosters learning, development, and innovation.
Applicants should be tireless team players, willing to share their
knowledge/experience, yet able to work independently. Vehicle is essential.

So, yeah, that's the gig.

-d
____
damclean 403.708.6215