[thechat] weather in Ireland

Garrett Coakley garrett at polytechnic.co.uk
Tue Nov 13 04:39:36 CST 2001

On Mon, 12 Nov 2001 20:10:20 -0800
"spinhead" <evolt at spinhead.com> wrote:

> I may be vacationing in Ireland next spring. Any evolters in the land
> of Guinness?

Not there at the minute, but lived there for 6 years.

> I'm curious how early in the year we can come and still have some
> shirtsleeve warm days (70F/20C)

Whereabouts are you thinking of going? I can only speak for the north
west coast (Donegal), where the weather changes every twenty minutes,
but June to August are probably the closest you're gonna get to summer.

Have to remember this is a coastal area though, things might be
different inland (or as inland as you can get in Ireland).

Anyway.. who goes to Ireland for the weather? *;)

G.