[thechat] digital camera (again)

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Tue Nov 13 18:13:02 CST 2001

I know this has probably been discussed but I wasn't paying
attention, knowing I'd be able to afford a digital camera when pigs
fly (or after I give up my musical hobby).

Now I find out I can probably get one to use at work.  So I'm looking
for a good value camera (mid-level) that does what I need it to do;
not too much more...

What I need it to do is take good pictures for the web. USB (Mac). I
need to be able to take indoors shots without having to use flash.
B/W setting would be good as my photos will probably be largely black
& whites.  Zoom would be nice.  It would be nice to be able to have
different options for focus...

Basically, I would use the camera to make photos indoors (portraits &
objects) and outdoors (buildings, people, vegetation) on campus.  I'd
then download them, and edit them for the web site.

Suggestions for a good value?

Erika