Land Claims... Re: Laphroaig (again), was: [thechat] weather in Ireland

dave mclean dave at members.evolt.org
Fri Nov 16 02:27:29 CST 2001

On 2001.11.14 08:50, Luther, Ron wrote:

> There was an ooooooold promotion (cereal?  tv show?) that offered a
> square inch of the Yukon territory.

My Dad has land in the Yukon.  (Am I repeating myself here? I think so.)
He's got a cabin on Tagish Lake in the south of the territory.  Back when I
was a kid, he used to live in the city of Whitehorse. Anyway, my sister and
I would visit over the summer and one year they had a tourism promotion
where if you spent $1 you got your share (read: very little) of a true gold
panning claim and you actually got to pan for gold. I think someone ending
actually finding gold and the government had to shut it all down.

T'was fun while it lasted though.

-d

____
damclean 403.708.6215