[thechat] big weather in austin (fwd)

Bob Davis bobd at members.evolt.org
Fri Nov 16 10:49:57 CST 2001

At 10:33 AM -0500 11/16/01, Bruce Heerssen wrote:

>When I was living in S.A. I was amazed at the number of people that would
>insist on trying to drive across those crossings - with flood guages clearly
>marked. These are fast moving creeks when they have water in them, so not
>only is it damaging to cars, it's dangerous to people. I can say that the
>quality of drivers in S.A. could be the subject of a rather lengthy rant.
>Ditto on the road engineers - the freeways out there are insane, especially
>the entrance and exit ramps, and the freeway interchanges - or lack thereof.

:)

I live a stones throw away from the 281 & 410 "interchange" (not).

Some of the worst drivers I've ever experienced live here.

It goes kinda like this:

5% tint? Check.

8,000 lbs. Sport Utility that seats 16 (even though I'm the only one
in it)? Check.

Cell phone to ear? Check.

Directional indicator wires cut? Check.

Rear view mirror aligned at best make-up application angle? Check.

Bean and Cheese Taco from TC's in lap? Check.

Road beer in drink holder? Check.

Put the blinders on and head out! Whooooo-Hooooooo!

Yikes.

bob

--
bob davis