[thechat] leonids

Lauri Vain lauri_lists at tharapita.com
Sun Nov 18 20:38:49 CST 2001

Hi all!

> so, did anybody see anything?

I received the leonids alert yesterday and was sooo excited. It was meant to be
big -- almost 8.000 burning trails per hour at peak time.

*sniff*-*sniff*.  And then I found out that one couldn't see them in Northern
Europe this year. Sad, so saaaaad!

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to drown myself into work.

Will I have better luck next year?

> ahh, broadband...

Yeah, high-quality streaming video at the same time as downloading a 7gig *.txt
file.

> not really worth $40/month (that's canadian, so it'd be about
> $26 in real money) but once in a while you appreciate being able to download
> 29megs in under two hours...

I sorta like my 256kbps home connection but I love my dual-T1 at work. The 256
ADSL costs 590 EEK per month, which is about US$32.

Yours,
Lauri
--
(it's 4:38 am here so I think it's about time to go to bed. Wohaa, I get a total
two and half hours of sleep :))