[thechat] domain name purchasing

spinhead evolt at spinhead.com
Mon Nov 19 13:23:30 CST 2001

Wait endlessly, checking every couple hours to see if it comes back on the
radar. I believe the registrars have pretty complete control over
when/whether a domain goes back on the market. Some are coming up with
schemes to use this uncertainty to bilk more money out of us.

I waited for a non-renewed domain name for 5 months after it expired,
checking daily. Then, one day it was renewed. No option to get it. They
actually held in un-renewed for 5 months.

spinhead