[thechat] domain name purchasing

Hugh Blair hblair at hotfootmail.com
Mon Nov 19 13:55:32 CST 2001

1.  You can find what registrar was used for the original registration
and see if they can register it for you.  Some to that, some don't.

2.  Wait for it to 'drop' into the available pool.  This can take as
little as 5 days and as long as almost-never (in the case of Verisign).

Of course the problem with #2 is that when it drops, if it's a 'wanted'
name, some automated 'bots will get it before you.  And remember that
most registrars allow the previous client to pay their bill and regain
the name within 45 days of expiration.

This is a tough business.  Let me know if I can be of any help.

-Hugh
http://www.wholesalenics.net