[thechat] leonids

Marlene Bruce marlene at digitizethis.com
Mon Nov 19 18:07:59 CST 2001

Lauri,

>I live in Estonia... that's the next country south from Finland. A tiny little
>one with a population of only 1.4 mil.

Ah yes, my brother dated a woman who was half Estonian, half Cypriot.

>  > >Will I have better luck next year?
>>
>>  Well, that partly depends on where you are exactly.
>
>Well, will I?  :)

Seems like it, according to the same sources I posted in a previous
email on the topic. The map here -
http://www.atnf.csiro.au/asa_www/images/2002bsl.gif - is rather
mysterious without the explanation on the link page,
http://www.atnf.csiro.au/asa_www/info_sheets/leonids.html (beats me
why they can't just put a key on the image), but it looks like
Estonia would be just as ripe for viewing as the rest of Western
Europe.

Of course I wouldn't be here if I could predict the weather a year from now...

Marlene