[thechat] OSX

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Fri Nov 23 02:14:40 CST 2001

dave mclean wrote on 23/11/01 7:24 am

>> So, I bit the bullet and ordered OSX (along with
>> a whole bunch more memory - my G3 tower will
>> be at the limit of permitted memory (384MB)).
>
>Just think... soon you'll be biting the bullet and buying a new G4! (or G5
>come July?)  I did.  Love X.  Love my 867/g4 even better.

It'd be nice if I had the money, but I don't see it happening.
To be honest, unless OSX is *so* slow that I need to upgrade[1],
it's not going to happen for quite a long time. The only thing
I'm missing is absolute stability rn. Any computer cash
I do have will probably go into software (and again, there's
nothing I actually *need* for what I do - probably all I'd
want is X versions of what I use, and maybe Office X to
save cranking up the work laptop when I'm working
at home)

Cheers
Martin

[1] in which case the most likely result is going back
to OS9

email: martin at easyweb.co.uk             PGP ID: 0xA835CCCB
       martin at members.evolt.org      snailmail: 30 Shandon Place
  tel: +44 (0)774 063 9985                      Edinburgh,
  url: http://www.easyweb.co.uk                 Scotland