[thechat] Re: OSX

Dave Fitch lists at dere-street.com
Mon Nov 26 14:30:24 CST 2001

Martin Burns <martin at easyweb.co.uk> said:

>Did I do A Good Thing, or will I regret it?

Dunno [oh, great answer...!]
It's a lot more stable, and you can do a heck of a lot more with it:
it's nice to be able to do web stuff and preview changes immediately
through Apache.

Some things don't work though, and won't work for a while: namely
scanning. No sign of RealPlayer, and Eudora is [seemingly] stuck at
b16.

USB support is much improved and pretty seamless. Quake III runs v.
well, as does BBEdit. :-)
Overall though, it's about 95% finished.

Not sure how well it'll play with broadband though. Anyone got
blueyonder?? I'm considering it, but their web site sayeth no X. :-|
Dave