[thechat] war phase 2

Ron White ronwhite at members.evolt.org
Tue Nov 27 07:07:39 CST 2001

>(And I told myself I was going to stay out of this one...)
Yeah, me too... :-) But since I'm not offering an opinion, just a
clarification...

<>
> Or is this just part of an ongoing harassment of Iraq?

Probably - but <opinion> probably also justified.</opinion>

> Is Iraq being forced to follow rules other countries don't have to follow?
<>

Actually, this answer is NO. Saddam agreed to certain conditions to end the
Gulf War. The inspections were one of those conditions. Clinton let him get
away with ignoring all of the conditions in the peace agreement.

Also, this is from memory, can't find the list at the moment, but I believe
Iraq is a signatory of the Non-proliferation treaty, while India and
Pakistan are not. Therefore Iraq has different obligations.

Thanks,
Ron White