[thechat] war phase 2

Quackamoe quackamoe at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 27 14:28:52 CST 2001

--- Erika Meyer <emeyer at lclark.edu> wrote:

> It starts with an averting of the eyes when the
> atrocities occur.

I think we all agree that 9/11 was an atrocity. I'm
curious, Erika, what you think a proper response to
the events of that day would be. From the tone of what
you've said since military action began, it seems to
me that you want to avert your eyes from "Ground Zero"
and the Pentagon and that piece of farmland in
Pennsylvania.

There are children in about 60 countries right now who
won't see Mommy or Daddy again because Mohammed Atta
et al decided it was a good day to die and that they
were going to take a few thousand people with them.
There are more Mohammed Attas out there who are
willing
to harm you and your daughter and me and my wife and
kids and grandchild.

So, what is a fitting response for the US and the
other
60 or so countries who suffered, not collateral damage
(inadvertant, unintended, undesired) but the
deliberate
murder of civilians?

Not trolling, discussing.

Terry