[thechat] IT is here!

rudy937 rudy937 at rogers.com
Tue Dec 4 17:45:18 CST 2001

> Off oil and onto what, though?

bicycles

take a look around you in any major city

when the oil runs out -- and it will -- the cyclists will just keep on
cyclin'

yeah, yeah, yeah, and without trucks we wouldn't have strawberries in canada
in february -- big deal, and please spare me the rebuttal

the segway looks like a toy for fat lazy people with more money than brains

   "Everybody in San Francisco went out and purchased one of
    those Ginger things today. Believe it or not, our fair city has
    already started to tear down buildings to make way for the Segways.
    Yeah, it's kinda nuts - but that's progress for ya. They wouldn't even
    let us into the building without one. So, I went to the store and picked
    up an old "reel" lawn mower. It didn't work as well, admittedly - but it
    was enough to fool the security guard. Note to self: pick up bandages
    for feet before heading into work tomorrow"
              -- http://www.lockergnome.com/issues/daily/20011204.html

rudy