[thechat] HELP!!! - Linux disaster

Garrett Coakley garrett at polytechnic.co.uk
Thu Dec 6 05:48:53 CST 2001

On Thu, 2001-12-06 at 06:12, Andrew Forsberg wrote:

> (3) If you're lucky the program you used to update your video will
> have left a backup XF86Config file in /etc/X11/ referencing the
> original drivers

On Redhat 7.2 the XF86Config files are in /etc/X11

There will be two:

For XFree86 4.* - /etc/X11/XF86Config-4
For XFree86 3.* - /etc/X11/XF86Config

I suspect, seen as you mentioned NVidia that you'll be using XFree86
version 4.

One place to look for some possible answers are the Redhat mailing
lists:

Particularly the Enigma-list and the XFree86-list.

I know Mike Harris (the Redhat XFree86 package maintainer) has been
doing a lot of work to try and get the Nvidia drivers to play nice, well
as much as he can do with a closed binary anyway.

Let us know how you get on.

G.