[thechat] Ancient computers (was: IT is here!)

Norman Bunn norman.bunn at craftedsolutions.com
Fri Dec 7 07:05:25 CST 2001

First PC - Seequa Chameleon  (1984)
30 lb portable, 256KB RAM, 2 360K 5-1/4 floppy drives and 9-inch monochrome
screen.
Ran 8086 chip for DOS and Z80 chip for CPM.
$3000 (ouch!)

First computer ever used, IBM mainframe, SC State College (1971-72).  Had
to swap out the disk drive when I wanted to run my Fortran code.  I was a
senior in high school.

Yes, he's that old!

Norman