[thechat] interesting: google groups archive timeline

Bob Davis bobd at members.evolt.org
Wed Dec 12 08:20:43 CST 2001

At 2:11 PM +0000 12/12/01, Garrett Coakley wrote:

>And whats up with my odd backward email address's?
>
>coakley at uk.ac.cov.cch and coakley at uk.ac.cov.cck[1]
>
>G.
>
>[1] I'll buy a pint for the person who knows what thats all about *:)

IIRC, the old bitnet addresses worked like that. You'd focus on the
TLD, then the subs working down to the most specific.

Don't know if you owe me a beer. I'd have to do some searching to
find out what my address was back in 90/91. (damn, I've been doing
this for 10 years? Not sure how I feel about that.)

There are plenty of folks who still think it should work that way.
Funny though, nobody ever addresses envelopes like that. we just
learned to read them bottom to top, right to left, I think.

bob

--
bob davis
bobd at members.evolt.org