[thechat] death by nostalgia (about google groups)

Joe Crawford jcrawford at avencom.com
Wed Dec 12 12:00:23 CST 2001

"...I've also talked about the End of the World being a question of
whether it's going to be by fire, ice, paperwork, or nostalgia. And
there's a good chance that it's going to be nostalgia because the
distance between the event and the nostalgia for the even has gotten
shorter and shorter and shorter with each nostalgia cycle. So,
projecting into the future, you could get to a point where you would
take a step and be so nostalgic for that point where you would take a
step and be so nostalgic for that step you just took that you would
literally freeze in your tracks to experience the nostalgize of the last
step, or the last word, or your last whatever. The world just comes to a
halt - remembering. "
	- Frank Zappa

that said:
here's the first time I heard of Jakob Nielsen (1997):
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=5pu3e6%24gj5%241%40bvadm.bv.tek.com

here's the first time I posted a resume online (1997):
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=RAAADPQ417.81%40news.HeadHunter.NET

first post online (that I can find) (1996):
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=4f5m5r%24i7u%40newsbf02.news.aol.com

	- Joe <http://artlung.com/>