[thechat] New Year's resolution

spinhead evolt at spinhead.com
Thu Dec 13 12:30:31 CST 2001

You can get a simple serial switchbox and some extra cables (check for
end-gender) and just switch from one machine to the other. If you do this,
get a digital one, not a manual clunk-switch. I use Belkin Omniwhatevers.
Keyboard, mouse, monitor shared between two machines (or four or 16.) Switch
from one to the other with a few keystrokes.

If you can network 'em, consider VNC. Connect to your Linux box, and open a
remote control window to the Windoze machine. No hardware required, if, as I
said, they can be networked.

Fer books, I'm just getting a decent start on 'Linux for Windows NT/2000
Administrators' by Minasi/York/Hunt but it's been good so far for converting
from Win to Linux.

spinhead