[thechat] Red Hat keeps locking

Chris and Danielle Johnston cdjohnston4 at rogers.com
Thu Dec 13 19:05:08 CST 2001

Nope, 99.5% certain that the disks and CD's are all set properly. I
built the machine myself and made sure that everything was set up
correctly when I put it together. However, here is the hardware low
down:

MB Abit KT7 Raid
CPU Athlon 1000mhz
IBM 20 gig drive
IBM 40 gig drive
DVD Drive
HP CDR-W
And a few other things that may or may not be important.

Computers are so much fun.

Could it be a conflict between Red Hat and Ximian?

Also, this may be unrelated but... I have been hacing a memory problem
with windows 2000. (it is a dual boot machine) Some of the time when I
try to shut down the computer I get the error message that it is unable
to write a certain portion of memory. The application that this is
associated with is always Apache. Could it be that I have a bit of bad
ram and that is causing the machine to lock?

/chris