[thechat] OS X ephemera...

Ben Dyer ben_dyer at imaginuity.com
Fri Dec 14 15:08:32 CST 2001

On 02:44 PM 12/14/2001, Andrew Forsberg said to me:
>Last OS X complaint: #$@#@@#$@#$@# Apple Australia are @#$@#@#$@ STILL
>sitting on my OS X 10.1 upgrade. GRRR GRRR GRRR. I wish I could sound
>scary on the phone, but I end up being all too nice to (self-effacing,
>blame-dodging) middle-men-&-women who assure me I'm on a "list". :) How
>hard is it to stick addresses on cd packaging, and throw it in the post?
>Surely arranging manual credit card transfers is more complex, but they
>managed that over two and a half months ago. GRR GRRRRR GRRR again!

I really lucked out as far as Apple goes.  The third Apple store they built
is in my city (well, within a 50-mile drive or so), so if I have any
problems or need software, it's just a drive out to Plano for me.  And they
always have everything right as it's released (they had iPod demos the day
after it was released), so getting OS X 10.1 was not problem for me.

And, when my poor clamshell iBook broke, they were very quick with
returning it.

Although, I have heard the horror stories about Apple _____ (Fill in the
blank with your favorite not American country).

>Coffee time for me I think.

Better make that a double. :)

--Ben

http://www.imaginuity.com/