[thechat] What Osama really said

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Mon Dec 17 12:29:37 CST 2001

On Monday, December 17, 2001, at 06:12  pm, Erika Meyer wrote:

>> Ah seethru - the fake site of the fake dotcom which the BBC's
>> Drama Department launched on the public way too late.
>

> Can you explain further?

Yup, it's a 'hard hitting, contemporary drama' apparently.
Or alternatively, a load of old cobblers pandering to
ignorant prejudice about what working in the new economy
was like.

I'm sure I saw Nathan Barley in an episode.

> Is this stuff actually sponsored by the BBC?

yup

> Are your tax dollars paying for this?

Not taxes - license fees. You only pay if you have
a TV and it's not collected or used by the government.

The only bit of the BBC (part) paid for by taxation is
the World Service.

Cheers
Martin
   tel:	+44 (0)774 063 9985				Edinburgh,