[thechat] steaks for roky

David McCreath mccreath at ak.net
Mon Dec 17 22:21:47 CST 2001

Kevin Stevens wrote:

 >>For those who don't recognize the name, Roky, as the leader of
 >>the 13th Floor Elevators, is one of the progenitors of Texas
 >>psychedelia and has had a hard time of it since then.
 >
 > Am I right in remembering that he turned up in a really weird
 > episode of the X-Files once?

Hi, Kevin --

I don't watch the X-Files, so I don't know, but a Google search did find
a reference to this episode:

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/2133/jose.html

Apparently, there's character named "Roky Crickenson" who was named for
Roky Erickson. Maybe that's what you're thinking of?

Oh, and a recent story about Roky from Texas Monthly magazine:

http://www.texasmonthly.com/mag/issues/2001-12-01/feature3.php

David