[thechat] I found a new love: Redbreast 12yr

Scott Dexter sgd at ti3.com
Wed Dec 19 11:40:59 CST 2001

So after taking in a movie last night with the ex (still a great
friend), we go next door to a pub ("Trinity Hall"), one of the new breed
of neo-Irish-styled pubs that are cropping up all over the place around
here (Dallas), and I presume elsewhere in metropolitan US. While nice,
everything is too new and too brightly lit to have serious pub
atmosphere (the couple of you in DFW, this place is next door to the
Angelika theater in Mockingbird Station, 75/Mockingbird). There are
other places in town that are "proper" pubs --at least to my taste, but
this one was next door, and looked inviting enough.

At any rate, I'd been turned on to Glenfiddich Solera Reserve the past
couple weeks, and really enjoy it. When I ordered one, I was treated to
a healthy taste (almost a full shot) of the Redbreast 12yr (the
bartender was convinced I'd like it more than the Solera).

Wow. I was blown away at this whisky's character. Soft woodsy high-note,
a honey-spice middle that rises to almost a cherry-flavored finish. I
was in love....

I know there are a few scotch/whisky/whiskey/bourbon drinkers on this
list, I just wanted to share. If you haven't tried Redbreast, I'm giving
you a heads up --its yummay

sgd
--
work: http://ti3.com/